The eXplorist 310 GPS receiver provides essential outdoor navigation with a high-resolution color screen, waterproof design, paperless geocaching, and superior mapping, including preloaded World Edition and uploadable map capability.
Essential Outdoor Navigation
World Edition Pre-loaded Map
The World Edition includes a detailed road network, water features, urban and rural land use, and a realistic shaded relief background.
Brilliant, Sunlight-Readable Color Screen
A vibrant 2.2-inch color transflective screen provides the best readability in direct sunlight.
Upload Detailed Topo Maps
500 megabytes of user memory available to store Summit Series topo maps, geocaches, waypoints, and tracks.
Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache, and view, search, and filter on the device. Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, and recent logs created by other geocachers.
18 Hours of Battery Life
Go strong for an entire day (or more). No stopping to replace the batteries. Conserve battery life by putting the device into an advanced power-saving mode. Suspend mode will turn off everything except for GPS tracking. Wake up the device with a single click.
Rugged and Waterproof
The eXplorist 310 GPS receiver is submersible and tested to IPX-7 standards, which means it can withstand depths up to one meter for a total of 30 minutes.
The integrated SiRFStarIII GPS chipset provides up to 3 meters of accuracy with the assistance of WAAS, EGNOS, and MSAS, to provide the most accurate location information worldwide.
eXplorist 310 Product Features
- Easy-to-navigate menus and rich graphics. A simple main menu, intuitive contextual menus, and vibrant graphics make this device easy to use.
- Brilliant, sunlight-readable color screen. A vibrant 2.2-inch color transflective screen provides the best readability in direct sunlight
- Rugged and waterproof to IPX-7 standards. Focus on the adventure, not protecting the device
- High-sensitivity SiRFstarIII GPS with 3-5 meter accuracy. 3-5 meter GPS accuracy provides a superior navigation experience
- Preloaded World Edition map. Referencing a complete road network in North America and Western Europe, as well as major roads throughout the rest of the populated world, to help in orientation. See parks, rivers, lakes, major city points, and other types of land-use areas.
- 18 hours of battery life using 2 AA batteries. Go strong for an entire day (or more). No stopping to replace the batteries.
- Suspend mode. The goal is to conserve battery life by putting the device into an advanced power-saving mode. Suspend mode will turn off everything except for GPS tracking. Wake up the device with a single click.
- Paperless geocaching. Download and view more than 20 unique characteristics of each cache, and view, search, and filter on the device. Details include name, location, description, hider, size, difficulty, terrain, hint, spoilers, and least 20 user logs--among a number of other details.
- 500 megabytes of user memory available. Loads of space to store additional maps, geocaches, waypoints, and tracks.
- Record tracks and see "breadcrumbs" on the map screen. Keep a log of all the steps you took throughout the day. Reference your track to find your way back or to keep a digital journal of all your outdoor adventures
- Track summary. Start your journey with one click, and keep tabs on useful statistics such as distance travelled, average speed, elevation gain and descent, and average time to find
- NMEA message output (USB Only). For hardcore outdoor GPS enthusiasts who want to connect their device to laptops running VantagePoint software and see their position on the computer screen.
- Multiple coordinates and map datums. Navigate around the world and do it accurately. See your geographic location in UTM coordinates or reference the OS Grid for use in Great Britain
What's in the Box
Magellan eXplorist 310 GPS receiver, standard mini USB cable, quick start guide, 2 AA batteries, Geocaching.com 30-day free trial flyer, and Energizer Battery coupon.